$110 + HST. Involves a 50 minute therapy session. Payment is due before or at each appointment. I accept cash, cheque and email money transfers.
Email or phone to book a obligation-free 15 minute consultation by phone. Use this opportunity to learn more about my therapeutic approach and determine if therapy is a good fit for you.
*Please note text and email correspondence are not considered a secure, confidential medium of communication.
My counselling services are often covered by personal insurance policies. I advise each potential client to call their insurance company and inquire about their coverage. Each person's plan can differ in coverage even for individuals working in the same company and/or with the same insurance company.
I am an approved provider for Veterans Affairs Canada, Health Association of Nova Scotia (HANS), Public Service Commission of Nova Scotia, Non Insured Health Benefits and many others.
Here is a list of known approved programs and companies. You may still have coverage even if your company's name is not on this list. Please contact your insurance plan to confirm.
▪ Admiral Insurance
▪ First Nations and Inuit Health
▪ Halifax Local Union No. 56 United Associations of Journeymen and Apprentices
of the Plumbing, Steamfitters and Pipefitting Industry of the United States and
▪ Halifax Professional Fire Fighters Association
▪ Halifax Regional Police Association
▪ Health Association Nova Scotia (HANS)
▪ Interim Federal Health Program Providing Services to Newcomers
▪ International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers – Local 625
▪ J. D. Irving
▪ Kohltech International
▪ Ledwidge Lumber
▪ Local 615 Mainland Nova Scotia Labourers
▪ Manulife Financial Employees
▪ Professional Association of Residents – Maritime Provinces Dalhousie Medical
▪ Public Service Commission of Nova Scotia
▪ RWAM Insurance Administrators
▪ Shaw Group Policy #91911
▪ Sobeys Corporate
▪ Tandus Flooring Limited
▪ Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC), Program of Choice - 12 (POC-12)
I am also a direct provider through Blue Cross and Green Shield. Desjardins, Great West Life, Manlife and Sun Life Financial may provide coverage for counselling services under your plan.
Regardless if your workplace/ insurance company is on this list, it is a good idea to call your insurance company and ask them about your specific coverage and their reimbursement process. Here are some questions you can ask.
Do I need a doctors referral?
How much coverage do I have for counselling?
Is there a deductible?
What professional title do you require of my counsellor?
How do I submit receipts for reimbursement?
No, MSI does not normally cover counselling services in private practice
Yes, counselling services are able to be claimed as a medical expense.