$110 + HST. Involves a 50 minute therapy session. Payment is due before or at each appointment. We accept cash, cheque, Visa, Mastercard and email money transfers.
Email or phone to book a obligation-free 15 minute consultation by phone. Use this opportunity to learn more about my therapeutic approach and determine if therapy is a good fit for you.
*Please note text and email correspondence are not considered a secure, confidential medium of communication.
Counselling services are often covered by personal insurance policies. We advise each potential client to call their insurance company and inquire about their coverage. Each person's plan can differ in coverage even for individuals working in the same company and/or with the same insurance company.
Janice Hartley is an approved provider for Veterans Affairs Canada, Health Association of Nova Scotia (HANS), Public Service Commission of Nova Scotia, Non Insured Health Benefits and many others.
Here is a list of known approved programs and companies. You may still have coverage even if your company's name is not on this list. Please contact your insurance plan to confirm.
▪ Admiral Insurance
▪ First Nations and Inuit Health (NIHB Program)
▪ Halifax Local Union No. 56 United Associations of Journeymen and Apprentices
of the Plumbing, Steamfitters and Pipefitting Industry of the United States and
▪ Halifax Professional Fire Fighters Association
▪ Halifax Regional Police Association
▪ Health Association Nova Scotia (HANS)
▪ Interim Federal Health Program Providing Services to Newcomers
▪ International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers – Local 625
▪ J. D. Irving
▪ Kohltech International
▪ Ledwidge Lumber
▪ Local 615 Mainland Nova Scotia Labourers
▪ Manulife Financial Employees
▪ Professional Association of Residents – Maritime Provinces Dalhousie Medical
▪ Public Service Commission of Nova Scotia
▪ RWAM Insurance Administrators
▪ Shaw Group Policy #91911
▪ Sobeys Corporate
▪ Tandus Flooring Limited
▪ Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC), Program of Choice - 12 (POC-12)
Janice Hartley is also a direct provider through Blue Cross and Green Shield. Desjardins, Great West Life, Manlife and Sun Life Financial may provide coverage for counselling services under your plan.
Regardless if your workplace/ insurance company is on this list, it is a good idea to call your insurance company and ask them about your specific coverage and their reimbursement process. Here are some questions you can ask.
Do I need a doctors referral?
How much coverage do I have for counselling?
Is there a deductible?
What professional title do you require of my counsellor?
How do I submit receipts for reimbursement?
No, MSI does not normally cover counselling services in private practice
Yes, counselling services are able to be claimed as a medical expense.